July 29, 2012

On The Dark Knight Rises

Well, I was in love with Heath Ledger's Joker for a few years. I still am in love with him. It's not Heath, I've never liked many of his other roles. It was the Joker. So now I have to go in and watch the conclusion without anything from him. I mean, I love Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan by themselves, but I miss him. A lot. But what about the new movie?

Well, Bane. He was... Good. He was another more realistic charecter, but really, that mask was too showy, no matter how much you justify it. But whatever, it was a cool effect. Joseph Gordon-Levitt, I'm always very happy to see. I really really like his ears.

But I found the movie didn't hang together as well as it could have. It was a lot happening, but there wasn't as much of a point. I was expecting an action movie, and that's what I got. No real meaning, no new comments on society. I mean, I could and have written essay upon essay on the moral code and beliefs of the Joker. Here, there wasn't really that element. There wasn't really a challenge to the Batman's moral code or anything.

And the cave-pit thing? What was with all the chanting? I mean, we get it! Rise! We don't need ten more minutes of it! And a flat screen TV in the prison? Really? Kind of out of context. I think they dragged that part out a little.

Anyways, yeah. Oh, and I enjoyed cat-woman. She was a cool fighting element, as well as a questionable is she good or bad? And she wasn't too bad to look at either. (: So it was a good movie, but of course it didn't live up to the Dark Knight, and nobody should expect it to. Wish you could have seen it, Heath. R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment