July 16, 2012

Who is Nyxa?

Well, first, Nyx is the Greek goddess of night. She was born from Chaos, even before Earth and Sky. In some versions of the myths, Nyx is Chaos. For those non-Greekies, the whole universe was born from what they call Chaos.

She gave birth to the personifications of Day, Death, Sleep, Old Age, Sunsets, Friendship, Dreams, and Madness, among many others. She also creates the Furies (Avengers of the Underworld), and the Fates. And Charon, ferryman of the underworld.

That's where my name came from. I added 'A' from my everyday name, so that it wasn't as foreign. So that's who Nyx is, how about Nyxa? This may be a long post.

Well, I'm not telling my age. But I've written one book, and I'm working on two others. No, it isn't published, and has no intention of being. I am both an avid reader and writer. Book-wise, I love Harry Potter, and anything by Scott Westerfeld, Garth Nix, or Stephen King. I am always listening to music, and I would die without my Ipod, Luci.

My favorite bands are... impossible to name all of them. But as a taster, I love The Beatles, Culture Club, Disturbed, The Barenaked Ladies, Bif Naked, David Francey, R.E.M, and The White Stripes. But there's way more where that came from.

I love watching movies as well. Obviously. Favorite actors include Robert Downey jr, Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Jack Nicholson. My favorite movies include The Dark Knight, The Shining, Sherlock Holmes; A game of shadows, Edward Scissorhands, and The Nightmare before Christmas. Favorite director is Tim Burton. Favorite soundtrack composer is Hans Zimmer, no contest.

Other stuff that defines me? Favorite colors black and purple. (And I know that black is a shade, thank you.) Favorite Beatle is John. I have around 7 email accounts in total. I love Rumi. And Silvia Plath. I have a slight obsession with people and characters that start with J. I want to be a sociologist or a child-youth counselor when I "grow up". I'm a girl, but I think you knew that already.

Right, that's it! If you want to know more about me, try reading more of the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment